Dedicated To Humanity
Dera Sacha Sauda is an organization which prides itself in spiritual and social welfare of the masses. It is well known for its humanitarian work and for being a confluence of all religions.
People from all walks of life are welcome in the Dera, irrespective of their religion or race or nationality.
The Dera Sacha Sauda Sirsa was founded on 29th April 1948 by Spiritual Master Shah Mastana Ji Maharaj. Shortly thereafter, His Holiness appointed Param Pita Shah Satnam Ji Maharaj as his successor on 28th February 1960. After a few decades, on 23rd September 1990, Param Pita Shah Satnam Ji Maharaj announced Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan, the present Spiritual Master, as his successor.
It is surprising that His Holiness Param Pita Shah Satnam Ji Maharaj stated that the trinity of the Saints, that is, Himself, his predecessor, and his successor to be his own embodiment. Despite the fact neither of the three Spiritual Masters have any worldly ties with each other outside the Dera.
Please NOTE: DONATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED!
His Holiness Saint Dr. Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan does NOT ACCEPT financial benefits from the organization’s funds for his personal requirements. His personal expenses are taken care of by money earned through his hard work.
It is volunteers themselves who work hard to meet the expenses of the organization.
Guru Ji always guides people towards inner emancipation and noble deeds.
Thanks to Guru Ji, his spiritual guidance and benevolence, members of Shah Satnam Ji Green ‘S’ Welfare Force Wing have such great enthusiasm and zeal to serve mankind.
Find below the categories of 130 ongoing Humanitarian works that the Dera participates in:
SHUBHDEVI (BANE REMOVED BY BOON)
1. Emancipation & rehabilitation of prostitutes in social mainstream and creating a movement against prostitution. Website: www.stopprostitution.org
2. To counter the menace of female feticide and other gender based discrimination of girls, Guruji has started a campaign to save the daughters. He has inspired followers of Dera Sacha Sauda to take a pledge not to kill their unborn daughters. Those daughters who are abandoned by parents are brought to the Ashram and are provided with world class education, accommodation, love, affection and parental compassion in addition to teaching them the right way of life.
3. Providing help to financially poor and unprivileged girls to get married.
THE BUD OF KNOWLEDGE
4. Promoting girl’s education through awareness and facilitation.
5. Helping young widows getting married again.
THE NEW MORN
6. To help and counsel young divorcee women to get married again and start a new life again by finding good matches.
CROWN OF THE LINEAGE
7. Promoting matrilineal inheritance (parallel to the usual patrilineal one) by encouraging the boy (if he has another male sibling) to relocate to his wife’s parental place with everyone’s consent and look after her parents as his own responsibility.
8. Assisting destitute women.
9. Operating training centers for giving self-defense techniques to females.
10. Providing healthy and nutritious food and medical treatment to extremely poor pregnant women.
MOTHER CHILD GUARDIANS
11. Bringing up the newly born babies and nurturing the poor pregnant women for some time till the baby grows to some extent.
NEW LIGHT OF HOPE
12. Promoting widows’ marriage by the in-laws family like their own daughter, if the girl is willing to.
NURTURING MOTHER & CHILD
13. Organizing free medical camps to provide free medical care including medicines, nutritional support and advice, tests and follow up to ensure good health of the expectant mothers and their unborn babies.
FLIGHT OF SPIRIT
14. Arranging free treatment and marriages of girls who suffer from hostile acid throw by the miscreants.
15. To reach out to the victims of rape and gang rape and their families, to end their isolation and social ostracism. Young unmarried men who follow Dera Sacha Sauda (Devout Warriors) shall volunteer to accept them as life partners, with their mutual consent.
SORROW FREE JOURNEY
16. To arrange marriages of girls who are physically challenged e.g. suffering from vitiligo (skin disorder), speech disorders/stammering etc. with devout warriors.
17. Encouraging Devout Warriors (bhaktyodha) to tie nuptial knots with the physically challenged girls.
Self Defence Training
18. To counter crime against women by teaching them self defence to tackle anti- social elements: Training them in Judo, Taekwondo and martial arts at grassroots level.
19. Operating the Shah Satnam Ji Asra Ashram for hapless orphans, where inhabitants are provided with state of art educational, boarding & lodging facilities along with mental and emotional upliftment.
20. To facilitate financial help and guidance for students from poorer sections of society. Career counseling is also provided to them.
21. Building character, values and good traits in coming generations by encouraging pregnant women to listen to true spiritual discourses and read stories of the noble and brave.
22. Guiding people about the ills of child marriage.
23. Stopping child labor as well as promoting education.
SAVE THE TINYTOTS FROM HARDSHIPS
24. Eradicating Child Labour and providing them education.
PATHWAY TO LIGHT
25. Opening special schools for blind & dumb children.
STOP TRAFFICKING OF CHILDREN
26. Resisting child trafficking by creating teams to check it.
27. To provide career counseling to school/college going students who are rather in dilemma to choose the appropriate career line according to their capabilities for bright future.
28. The literate volunteers will provide free coaching during the exam days to the poor and financially weak students, with their consent, to make them enjoy good result and taste success and excellence.
Health & Medical Care
HEALTH FOR THE MARGINALISED
29. Operating a leper’s home for leprosy patients, where patients are provided with all the medical, physical, mental and emotional help along with boarding & lodging arrangements.
30. Donating wheel chairs and artificial aids to the physically challenged and needy people.
31. Providing financial help to patients belonging to economic weaker section to meet their medical needs.
TRUE BLOOD PUMP
32. Running an International blood bank and conducting several mega blood donation drives worldwide to fulfill blood needs of major blood banks world over. In addition, blood donations are made by volunteers, wherever required, for the police, journalists, patients of thalassemia etc. by members of Dera Sacha Sauda spread all over the world. Dera Sacha Sauda also happens to be the largest blood donor to the Indian Military including Army, Air Force and Navy.
NANHA FARISHTA (A Medical MINI Angel)
33. Organizing medical checkup camps in remote villages by the Ashram’s Mobile Hospital, “NanhaFarishta“.
DIVINE LIGHT/ TRANSPLANTING EYES
34. Conducting free eye operations, providing medicines and accommodation, care and assistance to thousands of patients in a free eye camp on 13th, 14th & 15th December every year, apart from a regular monthly camps.
35. Organizing monthly free treatment and medical checkup camps (Jan Kalyan Parmarthi Shivirs) providing services of specialist & super specialist Doctors, along with free tests.
36. Running True Happy (Heart Attack Prevention Program for You), A Project for free heart checkup and prevention of heart diseases through a holistic and preventive approach.
AYURVEDA- A PANACEA
37. Providing treatment of incurable diseases with the help of Yoga & Ayurveda with positive living.
HELP ON CALL
38. 24×7 ambulance is facilitated
39. Organizing free polio camps and facilitating polio vaccination to the newly born.
40. Prevention of AIDS by spreading awareness and helping those who are fighting with it.
HEALTHY PROGENY PROGRAM
41. Arranging Premarital Medical Check-Ups for prospective life partners to screen for any genetic disorder & ensure compatibility of their blood groups for a healthy progeny.
42. Promoting cleanliness and hygiene by encouraging people to keep the environment clean; Dera Sacha Sauda regularly organizes Mega cleanliness campaigns in different cities which are led by Guruji Himself.
43. Construction of toilets by dera followers for the people living below poverty line to discourage open toilets & ensure safety from bacteria and viruses.
44. Making people aware and encouraging them to save trees and to plant & nurture more saplings for the coming generations to live in a healthy environment. People are also provided with saplings for plantation.
45. Encouraging farmers to use the left over stalks as fodder for animals instead of burning it. It will be useful in for animals and save the environment too.
WATER IS LIFE
46. Teaching that Water is life, to save it and encourage all for Harvesting Water.
47. Educating and guiding farmers to get better yields from their land under agriculture by promoting scientific techniques of cultivation.
SAVE THE FOOD PRODUCER (AGRONOMIST)
48. A team of specialists will be appointed which will have the apt knowledge pertaining to Farmers’ interest. The team will guide and support farmers evading their frustration and distress which often lead them to suicide.
49. Facilitating clean drinking water in public places.
50. Totally giving up the use of polythene and switching to cloth bags.
POLLUTION FREE ENVIRONMENT
51. Checking Pollution by making manure out of agri-waste instead of burning the fodder in the fields.
52. Rendering disaster management training and first aid training to individuals through Shah Satnam Ji Green ‘S’ Welfare Force Wing.
53. Relief operations during droughts, floods, earth-quakes, heavy snowfall and other natural calamities.
54. 24×7 Fire fighter team with fully equipped fire tender vehicle.
THE GREATEST GIFT
55. Helping childless couples by helping them adopt children through legal adoption and thus bringing joys into their life.
56. Helping people, who meet with an accident, helping them reach the hospital as soon as possible and ensuring the best possible medical care.
THE WARRIOR-EPITOME OF DEVOTION
57. Motivating girls to tie in the nuptial lock with widowers.
58. Helping stray animals by providing them shelter, food and medical aid.
59. Chemical less colors & reflectors ought to be affixed by expert and zealous devotees on the astray animals roaming to and fro in darkness at night, in order to avoid road accidents and save human lives.
SAFE ROADS, SAVE LIVES
60. Inspiring people to remove fallen trees and deceased animals from roads to reduce the toll of accidents.
61. Feeding birds and encouraging people to keep feed & water for birds on rooftops.
BENEFACTOR OF OUR OWN BEINGS
62. Creating awareness among people living in slums. Members of Shah Satnam Ji Green ‘S’ Welfare Force Wing motivate them to quit narcotics and request to Government to resolve their problems and bring them to Ashram for the betterment of their life.
63. Admitting mentally infirm vagrants roaming on the roads to Mental Hospitals and further helping to bring their lives back on track.
64. Adopting and taking care of old aged people or children whose relatives have died in any misfortune or war and does not have any one to look after.
SHELTERS FOR THE DESTITUTE
65. To shelter the people who are physically challenged & homeless in government aided homes called “Rain Basera- The Home for needies” or to provide such type of help where these homes are not opened.
STOP THE MASSACRE
66. Ensuring closure of animals’ Slaughter houses for animals and birds.
67. Counseling the youths to avoid eve/adam teasing i.e. prevent unethical behavior.
68. Encouraging children to avoid parental disdain. Rather treat them with honour, due obedience and courtesy.
69. Encouraging posthumous body donation for medical research works.
70. Encouraging posthumous eye donation.
A UNIQUE INITIATIVE
71. Inspiring people to utilize money for welfare works for humanity instead of spending money on superstitions like performing rituals and unnecessary expenditures on occasions as birth, marriage and death.
WELFARE FROM BONY CREMATION REMNANTS
72. The human remains, especially the bony part, are used to nurture and sustain saplings that grow into trees, thereby ending pollution.
CONTENT WITH ONE
73. Promoting the message of ‘We (Husband-Wife as one family unit) are one, our child is one’ to check population explosion.
74. Encouraging people to pledge to never accept or give bribes to make India a corruption free nation.
75. To motivate people for posthumous heart donation.
76. To motivate people to donate kidney to needy people under a fully lawful progress.
NEW FOUNDATIONS OF LIFE
77. Counseling the depressed people, motivating them to adopt a positive attitude towards life, encouraging them better their resolve to fight problems besides exhorting them to never consider suicide. The promotion of inner self confidence is only possible through the true method of meditation.
THE BRAVEHEART DEVOUT WARRIOR
78. Motivating girls to come forward to marry the widowers, crippled and disabled boys.
CAMPAIGN TO RELIEVE STRESS
79. Organizing free counseling camps by Doctors for the people who suffer from depression and mental stress. The team will make efforts to alleviate their stress and refrain them from committing a crime like suicide.
HEALTH AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
80. To abstain from the usage of non-stick &aluminium utensils and to educate people about it, so that one can be saved from the diseases caused by it.
Upliftment of Society
81. Providing medical & emotional help along with treatment to mentally & physically challenged people, who tend to beg on public places; educating them on hard work and making them capable to integrate into society.
82. Reintegrating tribals with mainstream society.
83. Providing “ready to move in” houses to the needy, unprivileged, widows and poor.
84. Food is one of the most important needs to survive. Millions of people don’t get enough food, and many have surplus that they waste, so encouraging people to donate food items to the needy. 24×7 food service is available for the needy at the Ashram’s food banks.
85. Encouraging people to donate clothes to the needy who can’t afford to buy clothes by themselves.
86. To open a skin bank, to extract the skin of dead bodies so that skin of the dead bodies can be used for the skin coating of acid attack victims or burnt cases / fire victims.
87. Ashram’s free matrimonial service under Ru-B-Ru program through website (http://www.marriagerubru.com) as well as through a Help Desk.
88. To help Handicapped Soldiers & their families, and to help families of slain soldiers who lost their lives in the call of duty.
89. To assist freedom fighters in every possible way.
SMILE ON INNOCENT FACE
90. Developing Book-Banks and Toys-Banks so that the destitute children can also be provided with education and toys.
DRUG FREE SOCIETY
91. Conducting awareness campaigns in different blocks/villages one at a time to make them liquor free
92. Supporting the families of those martyred or injured due to terrorism or while defending & serving the nation or at any other public places.
SPIRIT OF BROTHERHOOD
93. The well off, affluent families will give up subsidy, provided on different items by the government, in the favour& benefit of the needy & the hapless to make the nation economically stronger & more stable.
94. Helping & indulging in repair & maintenance of government buildings and pigmentation of walls with prior approval from government and governing bodies.
SUKHDUA (A COMMUNITY THAT PRAYS FOR THE WELL BEING OF ALL)
95. Eunuchs (Hijra/ Kinnars) the most disempowered segment in society. They are discriminated and deprived of human rights and they are not treated with respect. So, Guruji took a major step to change their status by giving them a graceful name (“SukhDuaSamaj“) and integrate them with main stream society.
AWAKENING THE SOCIETY/ BACK TO NATURE
96. Homosexuality is a huge problem for the present as well as coming generations, Guruji has initiated a drive to eliminate homosexuality by providing counseling to them, cautioning them about possible health hazards and encouraging them to become normal.
LIBERATION FROM CURSE
97. Endorsing dowry-free marriages.
98. Teaching & helping people to give-up superstitions, rumors, black magic and misguiding predictions.
99. Channelizing the younger generation away from immoral mores, cheap music and other means that makes youngsters directionless, by means of spiritual congregations and devotional hymns sung in modern music.
100. Making people aware about different ways & means of saving water and electricity.
101. Anti-suicide teaching by promoting the fact that committing suicide is the greatest sin, and teaching free meditation to gain self confidence and joy from within.
THE TRUE PATH
102. Discard corruption, loot, thefts etc and promotion of good human qualities like honesty, integrity, discipline etc. for the wholesome growth of the country.
103. To let them tie in the nuptial lock while ignoring wrong orthodox customs and traditions.
104. Motivating people to utilize the black money stashed away for public welfare.
NOTE: All the devotees of Dera Sacha Sauda request the President & Prime Minister of the nation to create a non-profit fund where all the black money is collected and is utilized for the welfare of poor & needy.
105. Constructing old age orphanages for the parents who have been neglected by their children.
LIVELIHOOD THROUGH LABOR
106. Eradicating gambling and betting from the society.
DINT OF HARDWORK ALONE
107. Shun the practice of begging by educating beggars about the fruits of hard work and enabling them to get into main stream society.
Medication cum Meditation
108. Promotion of vegetarianism.
109. A concerted Anti – drug addiction and rehabilitation Campaign.
110. Promoting character buildup (which helps build up a healthy young generation free from fatal diseases like AIDS and other sexually transmitted illnesses without any medication) through Satsang, Yoga & Meditation.
111. Educating the young generation to be health conscious by organizing different sports events and promoting mutual cooperation for a better society.
112. Spreading awareness on the menace of AIDS & homosexuality by arranging seminars and distributing books in schools and colleges regarding these.
113. To pray for the welfare of people and whole society by devoting at least 10-15 minutes towards meditation & donating minimum of 1 rupee per day for the welfare of society.
114. To habituate children towards meditation, where in return they will be rewarded with pocket money from their parents. This will further help them to attain confidence and stability towards inner peace via meditation. Meditation will also assist them towards moral values and help them to shun vices and eradicate wrong doings.
Employment & Independence
115. Helping unemployed citizens by making them independent through self employment or finding a job.
116. Setting up vocational centers such as stitching centers, looms for weaving etc. as source of employment for women in rural areas.
117. Supporting physically disabled people and gainfully employed, to help them to get married and generate employment for them.
118. Requesting government to providing means of employment to the physically handicapped people.
CONFLUENCE OF ALL RELIGIONS
119. Believing & promoting religious unification that all religions lead to one God, promoting defacto unity to stop religious disputes and maintain brotherhood.
LIGHT IN THE DARK
120. Uniting the prisoners with God’s name and true meditation.
Tranquil & Calm Panorama /Peace Building
121. Believing in and teaching the way to non-violence.
PEACE AND SALVATION
122. Helping people lead a stress free life and attain salvation by the path of Gurumantra.
123. Resolving family disputes through Mediation & counseling instead of approaching courts and a tedious legal process.
124. Helping those boys & girls who get eloped from their houses, by making them & their families understand about the consequences & further unite them, so that they can be saved from the so called hatred of society.
125. Providing free legal aid.
126. Getting the brothels closed through legal means.
The Gambler Bettor, Homes does shatter
127. The Gambler Bettor, Homes does shatter shall stay away and motivate others from indulging in betting of any sort.
128. Boycott Chinese Products.
Salute to Sher-E-Hind
129. Helping the protectors of nation, the army & army personnel, as much as possible.
Mobile Welfare Work
130. Using a mobile platform, distribute books and toys to poor children and arrange for their free education; Free medical checkup and medicine, offer free treatment and rations to the needy; IT experts to train in net-banking; nutrition information dissemination.