Special on Earth Day. April 22, 2014
Dera Sacha Sauda as an organization doesn’t limit itself celebrating Earth Day to just a single day commemorating the blessings we receive from Mother Earth, rather it believes in lengthening it to the entire lifetime wherein all the 55 million volunteers of the organization participate in numerous activities initiated towards making the Earth a better place to live in. The True Master, Revered Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan with HIS pious teachings and miraculous initiatives has led the volunteers and whole world on the path of Earth’s welfare.
Dera Sacha Sauda continuously works for the conservation of Earth with its welfare activities. Out of 101 welfare activities pursued by Dera Sacha Sauda, several of them contribute toward the earth’s salvage.
- The first & foremost issue which Dera Sacha Sauda addresses is ‘Deforestation & Global Warming’ for which the organization has initiated Mega Plantation Drives under the name of ‘NATURE CAMPAIGN’. It focuses on making people aware about the environment and encouraging them to save trees. To plant & nurture saplings for a healthy environment for the coming generations to live in. People are also provided with saplings for plantation.
Since 15th August 2009, more than 30 million saplings have been planted and over 76.81% of which are healthy and blooming till date.
In our endeavour to serve the environment, 3 Guinness World Records have also been created for planting highest number of saplings in a stipulated time frame.
YEAR GRAND TOTAL OF SAPLINGS PLANTED (in 8 hours) 2009 6,873,451 2010 3,844,488 2011 2,052,535 2012 3,121,203 2013 35,36,263
- Nobody can think of caring the Mother Earth the way Dera Sacha Sauda does. Dera Sacha Sauda promotes cleanliness and hygiene by encouraging people to keep the environment clean. For this, Dera Sacha Sauda regularly organizes Mega Cleanliness Campaigns under the welfare activity ‘CLEANSE CAMPAIGN’ led by Revered Guru Ji Himself. Till date, the organization has presented the gift of cleanliness to Mother Earth in 27 cities of 05 different states of India, inspired by which lacs of citizens have vowed to keep their environment clean.
- Further to the commitment, Dera Sacha Sauda has initiated another drive named ‘PROTECTION’ which is aimed at encouraging farmers to use the left over stalks as fodder for animals instead of burning it. Thus, saving the environment from pollution again.
- The farmers being the closest to Mother Earth, and their little support cumulatively shall be magnanimous for the environment, Dera Sacha Sauda promotes ‘ORGANIC FARMING’
in which the agriculture scientists and specialists educate and guide farmers to get better yields from their land by adopting organic ways of farming.
- Another initiative towards ‘POLLUTION FREE ENVIRONMENT’ is by making manure out of agri-waste instead of burning the fodder in the fields.
- The other most important natural resource is Water, or we may say ‘WATER IS LIFE’. Keeping this in mind Revered Guru Ji always motivates people to save water and suggests innovative ideas of Harvesting Water. Thus, saving the mother Earth from scarcity of water.
- Last, but not the least, Dera Sacha Sauda has said BYE-BYE ETHENE as the use of polythene and its products & their disposal causes a major environmental hazard. The organization and volunteers have totally quitted the use of polythene and have switched to the use of cloth bags.
Dera Sacha Sauda and its 55 Million followers are ardent followers of these practices and would do everything possible to make the Earth a better place to live in!!