As the United Nations observes International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women today on 25 November, Dera Sacha Sauda, the socio-spiritual organization indulged in hundred kinds of welfare activities brings into light its distinctive welfare activities being carried forward globally to save women rights and end violence against women, hence, contributing to the UN’s effort in spreading awareness and protecting women.
The Organization’s (Dera Sacha Sauda) major achievement in this field include though not limited to
- Stop Prostitution (arranged marriages of 16 prostitutes till date and rehabilitated them into a normal social life). Visit www.stopprostitution.org
- Stop Female Feticide Encouraging people not to kill a female fetus or abandon a girl child rather let Dera Sacha Sauda adopt them which in turn raises these girls with a luxurious, healthy upbringing and highly acclaimed education. Till date, 23 such girls are being nurtured by the organization and many of them have achieved high positions in academics & national games.
- Crown of the Lineage Promoting matrilineal inheritance (to help the parents having a girl as the only single child) by encouraging the boy/groom (if he has another male sibling) to relocate to his wife/bride’s parental place and look after her parents as his own responsibility. Thus, enhancing dignity of a woman and encouraging parents not to discard their girl child.
- Empowered Women Operating martial arts training centers for women to help them fight eve-teasing and violent attacks.
- Anticipated Life (Jeevan Asha) Helped several young widows re-marry and start a new life.
Self-Esteem Setting up vocational centers such as stitching centers, looms for weaving etc. as source of employment for women in rural areas.
- Liberation from Curse Endorsing dowry-free marriage.
For more details, visit http://derasachasauda.org/humanitarian-works/