The year 2013 was filled with achievements for Dera Sacha Sauda, an organization in confluence of all religions devotedly dedicated to the humanitarian efforts for welfare of mankind. The devotees of Dera Sacha Sauda continuously worked for the social welfare throughout the year abiding to the pious teachings of their true master Revered Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan. Consequently, many national and international dignitaries honored His Holiness and Dera Sacha Sauda for their remarkable efforts and initiatives.
- India Book of Records registered a new record on the name of Dera Sacha Sauda on 27th March this year for 61,752 people pledging in written form to donate blood regularly.
- ‘Global Plaque Award’ was presented by Mr. Devraj Sanyal, Managing Director Universal Music Group for the “highest musical album sale” to Revered Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan. The 05 albums of hymns sung by Revered Guru Ji set a landmark in the music world by achieving more than 65 lakh sale in a year across the globe.
- Dr. Pramod Goyal, HOD & Forensic Medicine Professor from Adesh Medical College, Bathinda honored Revered Guru Ji for being the inspiration behind the posthumous body donation campaign through which many human bodies are being donated voluntarily by the devotees after death to medical colleges for their medical research.Asia Book of Records credited 08 records on the name of Dera Sacha Sauda on 23rd January 2013 for eye screening of 4603 people; 43,732 units of blood donated; 55,392 people pledged in written form for posthumous body donation; 60,551 people pledged in written form not to accept and offer bribe; 59,491 people pledged in written form not to accept and offer dowry; 12,013 people pledged to save 1 rupee everyday for the help of poor & needy; 61,752 people pledged in written form to donate blood on regular basis; 71,042 people pledged in written form for posthumous eye donation.
- On 25th January 2013, Dera Sacha Sauda spread a message of adopting cleanliness by creating the World’s Largest Finger Painting of 41967 square feet and 7675 people then washing hands together, thus, creating a new Guinness Book of World Record.
- Similar appreciation letters, medals and certificates were presented to Dera Sacha Sauda by American College of Cardiology on 25th Jan’13; Ranbo Blood Bank, Kanpur on 28th Feb.’13, Metro Fortis Escorts Group of Hospitals on 3rd Mar.’13, organizations of Delhi & Dubai on 25th Aug.’13, NZ blood bank on 17th Nov.’13 and many others for Dera’s efforts in the field of blood donation.
The socio-spiritual journey of Dera Sacha Sauda in the year 2013 can be clearly seen from its numerous endeavors undertaken for both spiritual as well as social upliftment of human beings.
More than a million people learnt Free Method of Meditation.
Several spiritual congregations were conducted in the cities of Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh , Uttarakhand, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and many other states in which Revered Guru Ji motivated people towards God’s Words and taught free method of meditation to 01 million 421 thousand and 327 people, thus, helping them leave addictions and other vices.
33 Thousand and 233 units of blood donated in 2013.
Dera Sacha Sauda, well known as ‘True Blood Pump’ organized blood donation camps throughout the year to assist Indian Army and other needy people and donated 33 thousand and 233 units of blood in various blood donation camps held in year 2013. As on date, Dera Sacha Sauda has donated about 3 Lac 7 Thousand and 709 units of blood and saved million lives.
23 Thousand and 176 patients gained the facility of free medical check-up
Dera Sacha Sauda organizes a free medical check-up camp known as “Jan Kalyan Parmarthi Shivir’ on last Saturday of every month in which several specialist and super-specialist doctors examine all kinds of patients free of cost. This year, 23 thousand and 176 patients were examined in these camps and were provided free medicines.
2378 free eye operations done in December 2013.
During the free eye camp organized in Dera Sacha Sauda from 13th December – 15th December this year in the holy remembrance of Revered Saint Shah Satnam Ji Maharaj, a total of 25,025 patients were examined and 2378 patients were operated and were provided with vision. It is noteworthy that Dera Sacha Sauda every year organizes this free eye camp on 13th, 14th & 15th December through which thousands of people have been benefited.
2047 eyes donated in a year.
The devotees of Dera Sacha Sauda, inspired by the holy teachings of Revered Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan, voluntarily pledge to donate blood, eyes & body after death by signing pledge forms. About 01 lac 16 thousand and 499 devotees have taken pledge to donate their eyes after from 23rd December 2011 to 25th December 2013. Under the same noble cause, 2047 eyes were donated by Dera followers from 1st January 2013 to 25th December 2013. However, 8334 devotees have donated their eyes after death since year 2008.
255 bodies donated after death.
In the year 2013, 255 devotees donated their bodies after death for medical research. However, 76 thousand 283 people have voluntarily pledged in written form to donate their bodies after death from 23rd Dec. 2011 to 25th Dec. 2013.
13 cities witnessed the Mega Cleanliness Campaign by Dera Sacha Sauda.
In a bid to make people aware of the importance of cleanliness, Dera Sacha Sauda organized 13 Mega Cleanliness Drives having slogan “Ho Prithvi Saaf, Mite Rog Abhishaap” in year 2013 in major cities of North India under the holy guidance and inspiration of Revered Guru Ji. The cities included Rohtak, Faridabad, Narela, Karnal, Kaithal, Greater Noida, New Delhi, Sikar, Alwar, Dausa, Sawai Madhopur, Sheopur and Tonk. The cities not only got cleaned but lacs of residents inspired by the campaign also took pledge to maintain cleanliness in their surroundings and at public places in future.
35 Lac 36 Thousand and 263 saplings planted in a day.
A Mega Tree Plantation Drive was organized on 15th August 2013 (The Incarnation Day of Present Guru Ji) in which all the volunteers across the globe planted 35,36,263 saplings just in a single day.
New Campaigns initiated for Women Empowerment
For the empowerment and equality of women in our society, Revered Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Ji Insan initiated and executed 03 more welfare campaigns this year.
- Kul Ka Crown (The Crown of the Lineage) – Under this campaign, unlike the existing marriage tradition, the only girl child of a family brings home the groom after marriage (with both the family’s consent) and groom accepts and takes care of girl’s parents as his own. The bride here has been titled as “Kul ka Crown” and groom as “Bhakt Mard Gaazi” by Revered Guru Ji. 4 such marriages took place this year under the campaign.
- Under the campaign “Jeevan Asha (New Light of Hope)”, 12 widows were re-married to well-settled grooms titled as ‘Bhakt Yodha'(Devout Warrior)
- Under the third campaign “Nayi Subah (The New Morn)”, 02 divorcee women got re-married and started a new life afresh.
Largest Human Droplet formed
About 10 thousand 500 volunteers of Shah Satnam Ji Green ‘S’ Welfare Force, a humanitarian force formed by Revered Guru Ji for executing welfare activities across the globe, formed the Largest Human Droplet in area of 24 thousand square feet by wearing red dress., thus representing a Blood Droplet to encourage the noble cause of blood donation amongst masses. The event took place on 24th November 2013.
A free school established for education of tribal children
For the upliftment of tribals, Revered Guru Ji established a school named as “Shah Satnam Ji Noble School” in Kotra, Rajasthan on 23rd April 2013 where the children of tribals can avail free education.